Sunday, June 27, 2004

mean old lady at the strawberry farm

We went strawberry picking yesterday at this farm called Rae's near Brittania and Trafalgar. It was a different experience...first it's an organic farm (no pesticides!) so there were a lot of weeds growing everywhere around the strawberry plants. I think I'm used to the neat little rows most farms grow their produce in. Second, there was a really mean old lady! She yelled at Vivian and Alex right at the beginning because according to her, they weren't supposed to be in the area -- we were supposed to stay in the area we were assigned to. What kind of stupidness is that? If there aren't any strawberries in one area we move on to the next until we find some! I didn't even know we were "assigned" an area. Both Vivian and Alex were quite annoyed (well, pissed actually) with her.

I got yelled at too. I sort of wandered off on my own and then when I tried to go back to where everyone else was, that stupid lady asked me (in a not very nice manner) where I was going. Hello it's just a strawberry patch! I think she was senile.


me in an overgrown strawberry field

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home